I own a boring deep blue Motorolla Milestone XT720, which has given me a lot of issued since I bought it. But now since I’ve bought it, I’m gonna have to put up with it for a while. I tried searching for covers that would fit my mobile, but there were none available in the market here in Oman.
What you’ll need:
- Nail polishes in any colour you like (I’ve used bright neons), as many as you like.
- Tape (I’ve used scotch tape)
- Mobile phone
- Dryer (for those impatient to wait between coats, like me 😛 )
- Make sure the surface of your phone is free of all dirt and grime.
- Tape your phone according to the line you want to paint.
- Apply the polish between the tape. The polish can go over the tape, cause once you remove the tape, you’ll get straight neat lines.
- Apply a second coat of polish once the first dries.
- Apply a third coat if needed. Depends on how dark you want the polish to be. I’ve applied about 3 to 4 coats, depending on the colour.
- Once you’re done with a particular area, remove the strip and wait for it to dry.
- Once completely dry, tape the next set of lines you would like to paint.
- Follow the process, till you have achieved the desired result.
- Once the required number of coats have been applied to a particular area, slowly peel off the tape.
- Repeat till complete.
Tips to be noted:
- Make sure the polish is absolutely dry before you tape over it again. If its not sufficiently dry, it will stick onto the tape and you’ll get an unfinished look.
- Give sufficient time for each layer to dry. The same rule that applies when you apply nail polish to your finger nails applies here. It takes about 4 hours for nail polish to dry completely. You can use a dryer to speed up the process.
- Make sure the tape is removed only after all the coats required for that line has been applied. If removed too early, it’ll be hard to get the exact line back again.
Please do mail me the pics of the outcome and I’ll feature it here, or you can post it in the comments section below.